A few weeks ago, Facebook started rolling out the ability to link your Facebook group to your Facebook business page. I just recently discovered that I got the upgrade and have linked The Lovely Entrepreneur Society to my business page Blog Me Lovely.
I was so excited that it finally rolled out to me. I actually stumbled on it by accident. I was going to add a Services tab when I saw it! So the feature may be available to you, but you just haven’t been notified yet.
So here is the super secret way to link your Facebook group to your Facebook page…
1. Go to your Facebook page and click “Settings”
2. Click on “Edit Page”
3. Click on “Add a Tab”
4. Add the tab for Groups then click “Close”
5. Then select “Settings” next to Group
6. Click the link
7. Click “Link Your Group”
8. Click “Link” next to the group you want to link.
It also looks like you can link multiple groups if you manage them! I would only link groups if they correlate with your business though, not ones you manage for fun or are part of upgrades for your programs.
9. Go check out your group!
You will notice two things:
- On the cover photo, it will now say “Linked Group: FACEBOOK PAGE NAME.” You Facebook page will also be clickable so if someone clicks on it, they will be taken to your Facebook page!
- You can now post as your page! Which I think is pretty awesome!
I think the significance here is that you no longer need to have a personal account linked to your Facebook group. I am still going to keep my personal account as an admin to my group and probably do most of the posting from that. However, I do like that it links to my Facebook business page and connects the dot there.
If you don’t already have a page, here is a tutorial on how to create your own Facebook page and how to get more likes.
Are you going to link your Facebook group to your Facebook page yet?
P.S. If you are a female entrepreneur, be sure to join my group The Lovely Entrepreneur Society!