Traffic and income reports are one of my favorite posts to read from fellow bloggers. I shared traffic reports on my lifestyle blog Peace Love Sequins and I plan to share and record my goals and progress with you on Blog Me Lovely.
Blog Me Lovely originally launched in March 2015. I was not that active nor did I put much focus on the blog and growing it. So my highest traffic month between March 2015 and September 2015 was only about 300 pageviews, with an average of about 175 pageviews a month. In October I took a step back to focus on Peace Love Sequins so it is no surprise that my traffic plummeted!
I am sharing this because when I re-launched the blog in June 2016, I was basically receiving only 15 to 20 pageviews a month, essentially starting from scratch. I am going to share with you my traffic stats, social media counts, post overview, what I learned and my goals for July.
June 2016 Traffic Report
- Pageviews: 2,271
- Sessions: 1,700
- Users: 723
- Pages / Session: 1.34
- Average Session Duration: 02:41
- Bounce Rate: 18.12%
- New Sessions: 42.29%
- Highest Traffic Day: June 16 with 225 pageviews
I must say that I am very happy with the traffic. It is such an increase from when I first launched the blog last year.
June Traffic Sources
- Social: 84.4%
- Facebook: 73.29%
- StumbleUpon: 19.11%
- Pinterest: 5.44%
- Twitter: 1.12%
- Instagram: 1.05%
- Organic Search: 6.1%
- Referral: 4.9%
- Direct: 4.7%
Social Media Report
June Social Media Stats
- Facebook: 229 fans
- Twitter: 78 followers
- Pinterest: 45 followers
- Instagram: 120 followers
- Bloglovin’: 41 followers
- Google+: 7 followers
- Email Subscribers: 16 subscribers
Blog Post Report
- Number of New Posts: 6
- Total Posts: 16
- Post Frequency: About once a week
Top Five Posts
- A Blogger’s Guide to SEO Basics
- Understanding Bounce Rate
- How to Manage Blogging Group Tasks
- 25 Maddening Blog Design Mistakes for You to Avoid
- How to Increase Likes on Your Facebook Page
What I Learned
- Participating in Facebook blogging promotion groups are a great way to increase pageviews on your blog, but they are likely to bounce if the content doesn’t engage them. For me, I am reaching my target audience and it shows because I have a pretty low bounce rate but also readers, on average, spend over two minutes on my site engaging with the content.
- A new post isn’t always needed to promote your blog, I participated in promotion threads even when I did not have a new post. I did mix it up so I wasn’t sharing the same post over and over again. While I posted six new posts in June, I participated in thread on 10 days.
- I can’t do it all. The reason I didn’t post my planned two to three times a week was because I was working on my free email course Week of Code. I did not want to burn myself out so I gave myself permission to not create blog posts but rather work on the course. I am almost finished and I plan to launch it on July 5.
- Launch Week of Code: A 7 Day Coding Bootcamp for Bloggers on July 5
- Traffic Goals
- Reach 5,000 pageviews
- Reach 3,000 sessions
- Reach 1,500 users
- Maintain a 2:30 minute average session duration
- Social Media Goals
- Reach 350 Facebook fans
- Reach 200 Twitter followers
- Reach 100 Pinterest followers
- Reach 200 Instagram followers
- Reach 100 email subscribers
- Post two times a week
- Get better at scheduling social media content through Hootsuite and BoardBooster
So I am aiming to double my traffic and greatly increase my social following. I can’t wait to try new things this month, launch my free email course and to share my findings and results with you.
What are your blogging goals this month?