I seriously cannot believe that it is August already! This year is flying by. Can you believe that Blog Me Lovely launched just 2 months ago? I can’t! So I am excited to share my blog traffic report for July 2016, my second month of blogging.
Blog Me Lovely originally launched in March 2015. I was not that active nor did I put much focus on the blog and growing it. So my highest traffic month between March 2015 and September 2015 was only about 300 pageviews, with an average of about 175 pageviews a month. In October I took a step back to focus on Peace Love Sequins so it is no surprise that my traffic plummeted!
I am sharing this because when I re-launched the blog in June 2016, I was basically receiving only 15 to 20 pageviews a month, essentially starting from scratch. I am going to share with you my traffic stats, social media counts, post overview, what I learned and my goals for the upcoming month.
July 2016 Traffic Report
- Pageviews: 3,638 (+60.19%)
- Sessions: 2,803 (+64.88%)
- Users: 1,354 (+87.28%)
- Pages / Session: 1.30 (-2.99%)
- Average Session Duration: 03:07 (+16.15%)
- Bounce Rate: 15.16% (-16.34%)
- New Sessions: 41.70% (-1.40%)
- Highest Traffic Day: July 21 with 349 pageviews
While I did not hit my goals I set for the month, I definitely came pretty close. So I am very happy with the traffic for July.
July Traffic Sources
- Social: 86.98%
- Facebook: 59.56%
- Pinterest: 18.33%
- StumbleUpon: 16.37%
- Twitter: 3.04%
- Instagram: 2.50%
- Google+: 0.16%
- Reddit: 0.04%
- Organic Search: 4.53%
- Referral: 0.64%
- Direct: 7.85%
Social Media Report
July Social Media Stats
- Facebook: 322 fans (+40.61%)
- Twitter: 179 followers (+129.49%)
- Pinterest: 168 followers (+273.33%)
- Instagram: 278 followers (+131.67%)
- Bloglovin’: 65 followers (+58.54%)
- Google+: 33 followers (+371.43%)
- Email Subscribers: 47 subscribers (+193.75%)
Blog Post Report
- Number of New Posts: 8
- Total Posts: 24
- Post Frequency: About twice a week
Top Five Posts
- 8 Things I Learned from Creating My First Course
- 5 Must Listen To Podcasts for Bloggers
- Introducing Week of Code: A 7 Day Coding Bootcamp for Bloggers Free Email Course
- How to Add a Meta Description to Posts
- How to Increase Likes on Your Facebook Page (on the list last month)
What I Learned
- Promotion is key for growing your blog. You know how something people say “If you create it, they will come”? Well, that is totally not true! How does someone know you have new content or that your blog even exists if you do not promote it!
- Getting traffic from Pinterest takes time. It is not an overnight success. You need to work on it, so while Pinterest moved up to my second social traffic source, I still have a lot of work to do.
- Creating a course takes up a lot of time and it is okay if you don’t post as much on your blog. Just be sure to continue to promote, even if you don’t have new content.
July Goals – Check In
Launch Week of Code: A 7 Day Coding Bootcamp for Bloggers on July 5– So I did not launch on the 5th but I still launched this month so I will consider this a success!
- Traffic Goals
- Reach 5,000 pageviews – I did not reach this, but I did see a significant increase.
- Reach 3,000 sessions – Same as above
- Reach 1,500 users – Same as above
Maintain a 2:30 minute average session duration– I actually increased my average session duration to a little over 3 minutes!
- Social Media Goals
- Reach 350 Facebook fans – I was just shy of reaching this goal in July.
- Reach 200 Twitter followers – Same as above
Reach 100 Pinterest followers– I reached this and then some! I am definitely gaining momentum on Pinterest. Reach 200 Instagram followers– Just like Pinterest, I saw significant growth and exceeded my goal.
- Reach 100 email subscribers – I did not reach this, I was just shy of half. But I did not launch my email course until the last week of July, so I am still happy with the growth of my list in such a short period.
Post two times a week– So happy that I was more consistent with posting this month. Get better at scheduling social media content through Hootsuite and BoardBooster– This is half a success. I was great with Board Booster. I need to get better with Hoostuite.
- Work on my second course, get at least halfway done
- Traffic Goals
- Reach 5,000 pageviews
- Reach 3,000 sessions
- Reach 1,500 users
- Maintain a 3:00 minute average session duration
- Social Media Goals
- Reach 400 Facebook fans
- Reach 300 Twitter followers
- Reach 300 Pinterest followers
- Reach 400 Instagram followers
- Post one to two times a week
- Get better at scheduling social media content through Hootsuite and BoardBooster
- Create a social media strategy for Blog Me Lovely
- Launch my services page
This month I am aiming to increase my traffic again and meet my 5,000 pageviews for the month. I plan on significantly growing my social media and to keep the momentum going from July. I am also very excited to be working on a new course as well as getting ready to launch some awesome services!
What are your blogging goals this month?