A lot has happened this past month, and I have been pretty quite around here. To make a long story short, I ended up quitting my day job. It wasn’t something I had really planned to do (at least not at that exact moment, I was thinking end of summer) but things were happening that were causing me so much stress that it was affecting my mental and physical health.
I decided enough was enough. I knew I deserved better. So even though my business isn’t quite where it needs to be (or where I wanted it to be before I quit), I know I made the right decision.
The difference in my mood and health since I left has been drastic. While I will definitely miss some people at work and I have great respect for many of them, I just knew that it was my time to go.
So now I get to attempt this entrepreneur journey full time. I know I can do this. I love designing, blogging and teaching others. This is what I was born to do. I get to share and work on all my talents and passions all while helping others.
So get ready to see more of me around here! But before I do, let’s take a look at the February blog traffic report especially since I was silent pretty much the whole month!
Blog Me Lovely originally launched in March 2015. I was not that active nor did I put much focus on the blog and growing it. So my highest traffic month between March 2015 and September 2015 was only about 300 pageviews, with an average of about 175 pageviews a month. In October I took a step back to focus on Peace Love Sequins so it is no surprise that my traffic plummeted!
I am sharing this because when I re-launched the blog in June 2016, I was basically receiving only 15 to 20 pageviews a month, essentially starting from scratch. I am going to share with you my traffic stats, social media counts, post overview, what I learned and my goals for the upcoming month.
February 2017 Traffic Report
- Pageviews: 2,874 (-33.05%)
- Sessions: 1,948 (-46.31%)
- Users: 1,504 (-21.58%)
- Pages / Session: 1.48 (+25.42%)
- Average Session Duration: 3:17 (+11.93%)
- Adjusted Bounce Rate: 31.52% (+14.37%)
- New Sessions: 63.04% (+33.76%)
- Highest Traffic Day: February 27 with 343 pageviews
I am in no way surprised that my traffic completely tanked this past month. I mean I only posted twice (more on why that was in a future post). But I am still very happy that I got a decent amount of pageviews for like no effort put in. I am starting to build a great foundation.
February Traffic Sources
- Social: 71.00%
- Facebook: 56.11%
- Pinterest: 35.72%
- Twitter: 5.28%
- StumbleUpon: 2.39%
- Instagram: 0.51%
- Referral: 13.19%
- Direct: 12.94%
- Organic Search: 2.87%
My percentage of traffic coming from Pinterest almost doubled last month! I am excited to put more effort into the platform this month and see how it affects my traffic. I know many blogs who get the majority of their traffic from Pinterest and I am hoping to diversify and have it as a major pillar of my traffic.
Social Media Report
February Social Media Stats
- Facebook: 683 fans (+2.25%)
- Twitter: 1,721 followers (+64.69%)
- Pinterest: 809 followers (+5.75%)
- Instagram: 1,015 followers (-0.39%)
- Bloglovin’: 131 followers (+3.97%)
- Google+: 52 followers (0%)
- Email Subscribers: 269 subscribers (+7.60%)
For the most part I saw a lit bit of growth on all of my channels. The one that really grew was my Twitter account. I used Narrow.io and it really did grow my follower count. I will share more of what I learned down below. I am happy my email list grew a little bit as well. Not quite at the rate I was hoping but it is seeing consistent growth.
Blog Post Report
- Number of New Posts: 2
- Total Posts: 48
- Post Frequency: About once every other weeks
Top Five Posts
- How to Increase Likes on Your Facebook Page (on the list the last two months)
- 10 Unusual Web Fonts That Make A Statement Guaranteed
- 10 Beautiful Script Fonts That Will Make Stunning Graphics
- Why You Should Choose a Niche and How to Do So
- 10 Beautiful & Responsive WordPress Themes from Creative Market (on the list last month)
February Goals – Check In
- Traffic Goals – So this one definitely did not happen but that is okay. I am still on my journey toward 6,000 pageviews a month and I know I will make it soon.
- Reach 6,000 pageviews
- Reach 4,000 sessions
- Reach 3,000 users
- Social Media Goals
- Reach 700 Facebook fans – I am a little short on this one but I still made some progress.
Reach 1,500 Twitter followers– I exceed this one but really saw no increase in my Twitter engagement.
- Reach 850 Pinterest followers – I broke the 800 mark but not quite there
- Reach 1,100 Instagram followers – my followers actually dropped slightly this month
- Reach 300 email subscribers – not quite but I still saw some growth
- Post at least twice a week – this was a MAJOR fail but I will update you on why in a future post
- Finish my email welcome sequence – apparently this isn’t as important to me as I thought since it has been on the list for a few months :)
Finish my sales pages– I finished my Graphic Design services sales page which was a HUGE deal for me. I am working on my other services but that was my main one. Keep up with Be True Brand You– I am happy to say that I am pretty much keeping up with the program, so I am going to mark this as a win!
What I Learned
- When you set a solid foundation for your blog and generating traffic you will still see traffic even when you don’t post as consistently. It will probably drop but it won’t be non-existent.
- This was the second month that I used Narrow.io to use the follow/unfollow method on Twitter. I wanted to test it and see if it truly worked and if it brought up engagement and traffic to my site. I plan on a more detailed post on this but I have already cancelled the service. It wasn’t worth it to me. I did not see any increase in engagement this month and my traffic to my site actually dropped this month from Twitter.
- When you actually keep up and implement the parts of a course you purchase, it feels great and you start to feel accomplished. I am been working my way through Be True Brand You and have been checking off larger items on my to do list.
- Traffic Goals
- Reach 5,000 pageviews
- Reach 3,000 sessions
- Reach 2,000 users
- Social Media Goals
- Reach 725 Facebook fans
- Reach 1,850 Twitter followers
- Reach 900 Pinterest followers
- Reach 1,100 Instagram followers
- Reach 350 email subscribers
- Post at least twice a week
- Finish my sales pages for Website Maintenance Services
- Set up another funnel
- Keep up with B-School
- Keep up with Be True Brand You
Progress isn’t always measured by pageviews or the number of followers. I still feel that I made so much progress this month even though most of it wasn’t reader focused. I worked on the bigger picture to set myself up for success this month.
Also, I just launched a new Facebook group called The Lovely Entrepreneur Society. It is a place for female online entrepreneurs to connect, ask questions, lend support and just hang out! I would love to see you in there!
I also hope you are enjoying the blog traffic report. I know writing them really helps me reflect on the previous month.
What is one thing you would like to accomplish in March?