I am in awe that it is already May and that 2017 is almost half way over! This year is just flying by.
So it is time for my monthly blog traffic report!
Blog Me Lovely originally launched in March 2015. I was not that active nor did I put much focus on the blog and growing it. So my highest traffic month between March 2015 and September 2015 was only about 300 pageviews, with an average of about 175 pageviews a month. In October I took a step back to focus on Peace Love Sequins so it is no surprise that my traffic plummeted!
I am sharing this because when I re-launched the blog in June 2016, I was basically receiving only 15 to 20 pageviews a month, essentially starting from scratch. I am going to share with you my traffic stats, social media counts, post overview, what I learned and my goals for the upcoming month.
April 2017 Traffic Report
- Pageviews: 2,683 (-7.99%)
- Sessions: 2,046 (-2.15%)
- Users: 1,386 (-3.68%)
- Pages / Session: 1.31 (-5.76%)
- Average Session Duration: 4:10 (-9.75%)
- Adjusted Bounce Rate: 11.63% (-6.13%)
- New Sessions: 57.77% (-5.48%)
- Highest Traffic Day: April 19 with 185 pageviews
While my traffic did drop, I am pleased to say that not by too much. I had a busy April and wasn’t as active as I had planned. If you are on my email list, you will know that I had a certain family thing happen that got me very very distracted and then I also found out that we are moving on May 13th! So needless to say my mind has been elsewhere this past month – month and a half!
But it seems that I have laid some good groundwork and my blog for the most part still gets decent traffic without much work.
April Traffic Sources
- Social: 80.30%
- Facebook: 61.57%
- Pinterest: 32.83%
- StumbleUpon: 4.63%
- Twitter: 0.91%
- Digg: 0.06%
- Referral: 1.80%
- Direct: 14.10%
- Organic Search: 3.90%
Surprise, surprise! Social is my top referrer once again. While I want to diversify more, I just haven’t put in the effort yet. I will day that I am happy that my organic search traffic percentage went up from last month (even if it is just half a percent)!
Also, Pinterest continues to grow. Nothing significant but it has a 2% larger share in the social referrals than last month. And to my surprise, I got absolutely no traffic from Instagram this month! It is the platform that I am least active on but it has still sent me over a little bit of traffic each month. I guess it is time to start up a strategy for it!
Social Media Report
April Social Media Stats
- Facebook: 755 fans (+5.30%)
- Facebook Group (The Lovely Entrepreneur Society): 241 members (+54.49%)
- Twitter: 1,742 followers (+1.81%)
- Pinterest: 919 followers (+8.50%)
- Instagram: 984 followers (-1.20%)
- Bloglovin’: 168 followers (+24.44%)
- Google+: 52 followers (0%)
- Email Subscribers: 640 subscribers (-0.62%)
The best part about this is that most of my channels grew without much work on my end. Pinterest is my powerhouse and just keeps growing, sending more traffic my way and getting more engagement each and every month.
I am also happy to say that The Lovely Entrepreneur Society (my free Facebook group for female entrepreneurs) is continuing to grow! I did a Brand Your Social challenge last month and we are currently in the middle of a live stream training week with some guest experts!
Blog Post Report
- Number of New Posts: 3
- Total Posts: 53
- Post Frequency: About once every other week
Top Five Posts
- Google Search Console – What Is It, Why You Need It and How to Set It Up
- 10 Beautiful & Responsive WordPress Themes from Creative Market
- How to Increase Likes on Your Facebook Page (on the list the last three months)
- Blog Traffic Report – March 2017
- 30+ Free Stock Photography Sites
April Goals – Check In
- Traffic Goals – FAILED
- Reach 4,000 pageviews
- Reach 2,750 sessions
- Reach 1,750 users
- Social Media Goals
Reach 750 Facebook fans– so happy to have hit this goal!
- Reach 300 Facebook Group (The Lovely Entrepreneur Society) members – just a little short!
- Reach 1,750 Twitter followers – a few followers shy of this
Reach 900 Pinterest followers– Pinterest just seems to keep growing!
- Reach 1,050 Instagram followers – I actually lost followers this month again because I was not active on it
- Reach 750 email subscribers – I spent absolutely no time growing my email list this past month and lost a handful of subscribers
- Post at least twice a week – I was overly optimistic with this one!
- Finish sales page for Blog Content Strategy Sessions – I am SUPER close! I have it written and typed out. I am going to expand on a few things and create the graphics and then this will launch.
- Write welcome email sequence – *face palm* like seriously this should have been done.
- Complete B-School – not quite but I have lifetime access :)
Complete Be True Brand You– I did not FULLY complete this course but I completed up to the point that I am ready in my business so I am counting this as a win!
What I Learned
- You are going to have an off month once in awhile! Things come up whether it is family drama or something exciting like moving. You just have to keep on pushing through and do the work!
- Mindset is EVERYTHING!
- Traffic Goals
- Reach 3,000 pageviews
- Reach 2,250 sessions
- Reach 1,500 users
- Social Media Goals
- Reach 800 Facebook fans
- Reach 500 Facebook Group (The Lovely Entrepreneur Society) members
- Reach 1,800 Twitter followers
- Reach 1,000 Pinterest followers
- Reach 1,000 Instagram followers
- Reach 700 email subscribers
- Post at least once a week
- Finish sales page for Blog Content Strategy Sessions
- Write welcome email sequence (for real yo!)
With the year going by SO quickly, I have realized that I really need to get myself into a schedule and elevate my business!
While I am still getting decent traffic to my site, I know I can be doing so much better. I will still be doing graphic design but I also will be moving toward strategy sessions. Teaching and helping others is a big thing for me. I get SO excited and want to help others grow! I know a big part of that is continuing to blog and sharing valuable information with you!
So after I move, you will see a more determined and active Lindsey! I can’t wait to see what is in store.
What is one goal you have for May? Let me know in the comments below.