I know I say this every single month – but I cannot believe it is already October! There are only 92 days left this year! It is so hard to even think about, but I am so proud of what I have accomplished with this blog in just four months and plan to continue the progress and work extremely hard for the rest of the year.
While I have been sick lately and blogging was put on the back burner, I am coming back with a new found motivation.
Now, let’s see how the month of September went since I was pretty sick and lacked motivation.
Blog Me Lovely originally launched in March 2015. I was not that active nor did I put much focus on the blog and growing it. So my highest traffic month between March 2015 and September 2015 was only about 300 pageviews, with an average of about 175 pageviews a month. In October I took a step back to focus on Peace Love Sequins so it is no surprise that my traffic plummeted!
I am sharing this because when I re-launched the blog in June 2016, I was basically receiving only 15 to 20 pageviews a month, essentially starting from scratch. I am going to share with you my traffic stats, social media counts, post overview, what I learned and my goals for the upcoming month.
September 2016 Traffic Report
- Pageviews: 4,359 (-9.45%)
- Sessions: 3,903 (+0.08%)
- Users: 1,693 (+1.26%)
- Pages / Session: 1.12 (-8.94%)
- Average Session Duration: 02:59 (-6.28%)
- Bounce Rate: 11.84% (+6.19%)
- New Sessions: 35.41% (-1.06%)
- Highest Traffic Day: September 13 with 296 pageviews
I am happy to say that even though I only posted on the first and last days of the month, my traffic barely changed from August.
September Traffic Sources
- Social: 91.95%
- Facebook: 56.84%
- Twitter: 24.77%
- Pinterest: 14.91%
- StumbleUpon: 2.12%
- Instagram: 1.31%
- Google+: 0.03%
- Pocket: 0.03%
- Direct: 6.15%
- Organic Search: 0.79%
- Referral: 1.10%
Social Media Report
September Social Media Stats
- Facebook: 530 fans (+25.59%)
- Twitter: 330 followers (+23.13%)
- Pinterest: 386 followers (+30.41%)
- Instagram: 993 followers (-9.73%)
- Bloglovin’: 102 followers (+9.68%)
- Google+: 34 followers (-5.56%)
- Email Subscribers: 131 subscribers (+54.12%)
Blog Post Report
- Number of New Posts: 2
- Total Posts: 30
- Post Frequency: Twice a month
Top Five Posts
- How to Increase Likes on Your Facebook Page
- Questions to Ask When Creating a Blog Content Strategy – I added a blog content strategy 25-page workbook!
- Introducing Week of Code: A 7 Day Coding Bootcamp for Bloggers Free Email Course (on the list for the past two months)
- Blog Traffic Report – August 2016
- Understanding Bounce Rate
What I Learned
- Consistency is key to growing your blog. I was not consistent this month and therefor my blog did not grow. I am grateful that with promotion it still stayed around the same number of users, sessions and pageviews but it was definitely not the growth that I was hoping for.
- There is so much to focus on (writing blog posts, creating content upgrades, figuring out what to send to my email list, promoting the blog, raising awareness of my services, writing new sales pages, doing competitive analysis and the list goes on) that I have trouble figuring out where I should be spending my time. I want to do it all but with my full time job it just isn’t realistic right now. So learning to prioritize is something I need to learn.
- I am ready to focus on my entrepreneurial journey. This past week off from work was much needed and I was able to actually focus on my health and mental health while still working on my blog. I will admit that I did not get as much done as I had planned, but that is okay. I needed time to really rest both physically and mentally. I am feeling very refreshed and motivated though.
- Writing sales pages are SUPER scary. Any tips to get over that fear?
September Goals – Check In
Add Click to Tweets to all posts, this is part of my social strategy. I also plan on redesigning how it looks so they stand out more. – I will give this a half done! I added them to all of my posts but did not redesign them yet. Add 3 content upgrades, I already have an idea for one and am excited to start creating it.– I created and added 2 so I am still going to call this a win especially since they are both pretty big. I created a 25-page workbook to help you determine your blog content strategy and then a massive list of 75 Facebook groups to join that are specifically for bloggers and creative entrepreneurs.
- Traffic Goals
- Reach 7,500 pageviews – I actually saw a slight decrease in pageviews this month with my lack of content. So I did not reach this goal.
- Reach 5,000 sessions – My session count pretty much stayed the same, so I did not reach this goal.
- Reach 2,500 users – My users also stayed the same, did not hit this goal.
- Social Media Goals
Reach 500 Facebook fans– Reached it and then some!
- Reach 400 Twitter followers – I didn’t come as close as I would have liked.
- Reach 400 Pinterest followers – I was so close!
Maintain 1,100 Instagram followers (I expect some unfollows from the giveaway so I would like to make sure that I gain enough to even it out)– I lost about a 100 followers. I am still going to consider this a success because I gained so many followers from the giveaway and kept most of them!
- Reach 200 email subscribers – I did not reach this, but I did see a 50% increase in my list! I also got my big Facebook group upgrade up WAY later in the month than planned.
- Post at least once a week – Absolute fail! I posted twice this month and I saw the results in my traffic.
- Get better at scheduling social media content through Hootsuite (for Twitter, Instagram and Google+) and BoardBooster and Tailwind (for Pinterest) – This is a partial success. I have not started using Tailwind and did not schedule for Instagram or Google+.
- Create a social media strategy for Blog Me Lovely – I have started but it is not fully there yet.
- Rewrite my About Page – Still need to get this done.
- Get my Resources Page up – Still need to work on this one.
- Redesign how the Click to Tweet looks so they stand out more.
- Add 2 more content upgrades
- Add pages for my branding service, custom WordPress design and development serivce, and general graphic/web design services. While the pages are not up yet, if you are interested you can always connect with me through email at email@example.com.
- Traffic Goals
- Reach 7,500 pageviews
- Reach 5,000 sessions
- Reach 2,500 users
- Social Media Goals
- Reach 600 Facebook fans
- Reach 450 Twitter followers
- Reach 500 Pinterest followers
- Reach 1150 Instagram followers
- Reach 300 email subscribers (I want to double my list!)
- Post at least once a week
- Get better at scheduling social media content through Hootsuite (for Twitter, Instagram and Google+) and BoardBooster and Tailwind (for Pinterest)
- Create a social media strategy for Blog Me Lovely
- Rewrite my About Page
- Get my Resources Page up
When you are trying to launch your own business, in my case freelancing and blogging, it can feel like a lot of work with little return in the beginning. I know it takes a lot of hard work (even if you enjoy the work) and it takes some time for you to really see results. So I am definitely not giving up. I know I am on the cusp of great things happening.
A thing that has helped me so much is being part of The Shield Sisters Initiative. I get to connect daily with an amazing group of girls for support and inspiration. In addition, I am part of an 8 week mastermind group with a group of 6 other women.I cannot stress enough how much support really helps and pushes you forward. Click To Tweet
What are your blogging goals this month?