There are less than two weeks left in 2016 and I still cannot believe how fast time went. It was a big year for me as I re-launched Blog Me Lovely in June. So today I want to spend some time reflecting on my 2016 word of the year – persevere.
Setting a word for the year is something I started back in 2013 I believe. It helps give me focus when things start to get tough.
So this year I decided to choose the word persevere. I wanted to remember to push through when things got tough, especially with me launching my design business. It was something I wanted to do since 2010!
What I Achieved This Year
- I launched Blog Me Lovely in June and started taking clients on in July
- I created a free online course called Week of Code that I am very proud of
- I redesigned my blog TWICE this year, and am loving the new design and logo
- I have started sharing my client work in my portfolio (this is exciting and scary at the same time)
- I have been more active in Facebook groups on Facebook and have made some amazing friends and biz besties
- I experienced some health problems that were a bit of a set back but I kept pushing through and didn’t give up on my blog or business
- I invested in myself and business this year (I can’t wait to share the programs, services, etc. that I love)
- I started to tell people offline, in real life about my blog and business (this was HUGE for me as I always kept it a secret)
- I have realized that most times done is better than perfect
- I know started growing my email list with freebies such as Week of Code, a 25-page content strategy workbook and The Ultimate List of Facebook Groups for Bloggers and Creative Entrepreneurs (better late than never!)
- I have taken on client work that scared me and challenged me (and I am VERY glad I did!)
- Even after almost 7 months, I am still in love with Blog Me Lovely and can’t wait to see what 2017 will bring if I keep persevering
This year I dreamed big, worked hard and started to see some results. I am going into 2017 with an optimistic view and know that if I keep up the hard work that Blog Me Lovely will continue to grow. I am excited to see what the future holds.
What was your word for 2016 and how did you do?